Short Love Sayings by Women

Thursday , Posted by Fransisca Milani at 06:49

Short Love Sayings by Women

  • To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others. (Anne-Sophie Swetchine)
  • Age does not protect you from love, but love, to some extent, protects you from age. (Jeanne Moreau)
  • Oh, what a dear ravishing thing is the beginning of an Amour! (Aphra Behn, 1640-1689; The Emperor of the Moon)
  • Love ceases to be a pleasure when it ceases to be a secret. (Aphra Behn; The Lover’s Watch)
  • There is no reciprocity. Men love women, women love children, children love hamsters. (Alice Thomas Ellis)
  • I sometimes think the gods have united human beings by some mysterious principal…Or is it as Plato has supposed, that souls originally one have been divided, and each seeks the half it lost? (Lydia Maria Child, 1802-1880; Philothea: A Romance)
  • He woos me with those honeyed words that women love to hear. (Emma C. Embury, 1806-1863, “The Widow’s Wooer”)
  • Love thy neighbour as yourself, but choose your neighbourhood. (Louise Beal)
  • Before I met my husband, I’d never fallen in love, though I’d stepped in it a few times. (Rita Rudner)
  • Love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real. (Iris Murdoch (1919-1999)
  • To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven. (Karen Sunde)
  • Trouble is part of your life, and if you don’t share it, you don’t give the person who loves you a chance to love you enough. (Dinah Shore, 1917-1994)

Currently have 0 comments: